Saturday September 19th, 2009 at Border Field State Park and Playas de Tijuana – Starts at 9a!
Making Friends and Improving our Border Region’s environment
- Come clean the beac on California Coastal Cleanup Day!
- Part of International Coastal Cleanup Day! (People will be cleaning beaches all over the world!)
- Make Friends and collaborate across the border!
Activities will include:
- Cleanup from 9a-11:30a. Pre-register at http://cleanupday.org/cleanupsites.htm?ID=E&ID2=49 (not required for participation)
- Lunch atop Friendship Monument Mesa 11:30a (some snacks and water provided)
- Parabolic sound discs for people to get to know each other and communicate across the border! Between 11:30 and 12 in same area as lunch.
(If time and participation allows):
- A bi-national presentation on the importance of our coastal region
- Formation of bi-national teams to find clues and resolve questions about the environment! Cool Prizes!!
For more info contact Daniel Watman with Border encuentro at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619.954.9710