When James Brown was in his 20s, he walked, on a whim, from his house in San Diego to Tecate, Mexico. Including a quick stop in La Mesa to bowl, the trek took 48 hours. Brown’s drawn to Mexico, but that isn’t really why he got involved in the redesign of Friendship Park, the plaza inside Border Field State Park in San Ysidro, where the United States ends and Mexico begins. Click here to read the rest of the story.
- Happy Mass Creativity Day! @ The New Children's Museum instagram.com/p/BVu0F9fAxYG/Tweeted at 1 day ago
- Yo, @theryanbradford. Have you been out to #FunnerCA yet for your column? My fam is joining you when/if you do forbes.com/forbes/welcome…Tweeted at 2 days ago
- It took five years, but now that @cartalk's ghost is finally dead, @iraglass's good advice MUST be followed: current.org/2012/06/want-n…Tweeted at 2 days ago
- RT @voiceofsandiego: Here’s what our months-long investigation into the hidden homeless families of the South Bay found. https://t.co/7l2Xo…Tweeted at 2 days ago
- RT @voiceofsandiego: Catch up on @msrikris' series on the South Bay's hidden homeless here mailchi.mp/voiceofsandieg…Tweeted at 2 days ago
Follow me on Facebook