When James Brown was in his 20s, he walked, on a whim, from his house in San Diego to Tecate, Mexico. Including a quick stop in La Mesa to bowl, the trek took 48 hours. Brown’s drawn to Mexico, but that isn’t really why he got involved in the redesign of Friendship Park, the plaza inside Border Field State Park in San Ysidro, where the United States ends and Mexico begins. Click here to read the rest of the story.
- "Nope!" he said. #terribletwo @ Old Town San Diego instagram.com/p/BX_1JnEgBHX/Tweeted at 10 hours ago
- RT @ChrisWardD3: This morning we removed plaque in @HortonPlazaPark honoring Jefferson Davis. Monuments to bigotry have no place in #SanDie…Tweeted at 3 days ago
- RT @ryrivard: News you can use from @aheldiz: The eight legal marijuana delivery services in San Diego voiceofsandiego.org/topics/governm…Tweeted at 3 days ago
- I'll be talking about #podcasts and #podcasting tonight at Iron Fist Brewing San Diego. prsasdic.org/event/press-pl…Tweeted at 3 days ago
- Culture Report: @SanDiegoArtInst's new leader, protest surfing at the border and more San Diego arts news voiceofsandiego.org/topics/arts/cu…Tweeted at 4 days ago
Follow me on Facebook